Old-School Audio Meets Cutting-Edge Technology, Wren Sound Systems Redefines Wireless Audio with Play-Fi Speaker
Wren Sound Systems, a privately held company headed by Mike Giffin, 35-year audio veteran and former division president of Harman International’s consumer audio business, has recently launched the Wren V5PF.
The Wren V5PF is one of only two wireless speakers in today’s market to offer Android users a sophisticated Wi-Fi music solution via DTS® Play-Fi technology. Made using old-school audio materials and classic audio know-how, the Wren V5PF harnesses the latest in wireless technology to deliver vibrant, room-filling sound in a beautiful, simple, and convenient way. Elegantly designed with acoustics in mind, the speaker’s sophisticated styling, subtle curves, and real wood rich finish enhance any interior while delivering impressive audio quality. The Wren V5PF is available for $399.00 at www.wrensound.com.
Each feature of the Wren V5 Play-Fi speaker is designed to deliver fearless sound. Constructed of natural bamboo or rosewood veneers over a half-inch thick MDF board, the cabinet is internally braced to provide a rigid enclosure free from coloration. The unique internal diamond matrix-grille protects drivers without distorting sound. The underside of the Wren V5PF is reinforced with a 4 mm low-durometer silicone pad to stabilize the chassis and absorb cabinet vibration.
“Wren Sound Systems is dedicated to creating wireless speakers that are easily accessible and adaptable in today’s world of streaming digital content,” says Wren Sound Systems President and CEO Mike Giffin. “As the second company to offer consumers a wireless Play-Fi speaker, we’re excited to give Android users the ability to connect up to eight different devices to one network and fill every room in their homes with involving, life-like sound.”
Benefits of the Wren V5PF:
- DTS® Play-Fi technology – Play-Fi transforms any Android smartphone or tablet (V 2.2 and higher) into a flexible wireless audio device featuring Pandora®, vTuner® internet radio, and a music player that can stream lossless audio files stored on the device or on a local computer or hard drive equipped with a DLNA server.
- Uncompromised sound – Play-Fi wirelessly transmits high-definition “lossless” audio, with no impact on sound quality.
- Acoustically optimized construction – Wren V5’s elegant use of design and materials maximizes audio quality. Finished with a real bamboo or rosewood cabinet, the cabinet along with an acoustically transparent grille is specially designed to eliminate cabinet sound distortion. A stabilizing pad on the speaker’s underside absorbs any vibration, even at the highest volumes.
- Multi-room listening & streaming experience – Connect as many as eight different Wren speakers to one network and enjoy music and audio in every room of your home or office, perfectly synchronized with no lag, or stream different songs to different rooms via separate mobile devices.
- Wren Play-Fi mobile app – The Wren Play-Fi App, available for free from the Google Play store or the Amazon App store, turns any connected Android device into an audio control center with an intuitive, easy-to-use interface.
- Powerful sound output – Despite its small footprint, the V5PF produces impressively realistic bass with the use of two custom-designed 3-inch long throw drivers with four layer voice coils. High frequencies are rendered silky and natural by a pair of edge-driven, wide dispersion 19mm soft dome tweeters optimally positioned on the front baffle to create a wide, realistic soundstage that floats high and free above the stereo box. The system is powered by Intersil’s classic D2 50-watt DSP-controlled class D amplifier, enabling room-filling sound without breakup or distortion.
- Connectivity range – Play-Fi-enabled mobile devices connect wirelessly to the Wren V5PF through a standard wireless home network, enabling connectivity anywhere within up to 150 feet from Wi-Fi router or access point. Each speaker also has direct connections on the back to hook up your alternate non-Android device (such as your TV or Blu-ray player) via a 3.5mm aux input, enabling the speaker to serve as a complete source of audio for any room.
- Easy Installation – The setup guide included with every Wren V5PF facilitates the automated speaker discovery and effortless connection with simple on-screen instructions.
- Pricing and Availability – Because the Wren V5PF is sold only directly to consumers at www.wrensound.com, it’s priced at $399 – a fraction of the price of comparable sound systems. Every Wren speaker is backed by a no-risk guarantee and ships with a prepaid return shipping label; if the buyer isn’t completely satisfied, he or she can return the sound system within 30 days for a full refund. Moreover, every registered Wren V5PF is covered by an industry-leading three-year warranty.
- Change your phone; change your speaker – As technology evolves preferences change. If you’re an Android user and thinking about switching to Apple iOS, your speaker can make the change with you for a nominal fee. To switch your Play-Fi to Airplay – the Wren V5AP –or the soon to come Bluetooth version – the Wren V5BT – visit www.wrensound.com.
About Wren Sound Systems
Wren Sound Systems combines cutting-edge technology with old school audio materials and modern design to create simple, elegant speakers that deliver genuine high fidelity sound in a convenient and affordable way. Mike Giffin, a 35-year veteran of the audio industry and former division president of Harman International’s consumer audio business, founded Wren Sound in 2011 to raise the bar for performance and design in the new frontier of wireless audio. The privately held company, based in Phoenixville, PA, is dedicated to making AirPlay®, Play-Fi™, and Bluetooth® compatible audio equipment for music lovers who have a passion for great sound, natural materials and sophisticated design.
To learn more or browse the Wren Store, visit www.wrensound.com.